Tuesday 10 August 2010

Midweek Update

Least it is more like midweek this time! Having a really good week so far, had a couple of NSVs, managing (so far!) to stick to points and been to the gym 3 times already!

So, one at a time! Food-wise I'm doing great - making wise choices and thinking about what I'm eating. I even turned down McDonalds today which is a huge step for me, I usually have a weak moment and give in! But no, I'd planned my lunch, bought my sandwich from boots and said NO go me! Even tonight at the pub quiz a couple of my friends got food/ice cream and I didn't! Again, a few weeks ago I'd have got something even thought I didn't need it.

The gym - also going great. I even went on Sunday!! Never been on a Sunday before but it was nice, quiet but I prefer it that way! I've been twice since, Monday and today - and worked damn hard each time too! I'm really enjoying it and feel so good afterwards. I nearly didn't go today - had a rubbish night's sleep and generally wasn't feeling up to it. But a couple of people spurred me on and I went. Again, a big thing for me :o) Not going again this week as I'm going to Warwick Castle on Thursday so 1) I want to rest tomorrow 'cos I know I'll be doing a lot of walking and 2) I'm determined to get to the top of Guy's Tower, but don't want to tire myself out too much from the gym beforehand! Wish me luck!

Lastly, NSVs. Well I've kind of mentioned a couple already - gym on a Sunday/3 days in a row AND turning down McDonalds (just after going to the gym as well!). There was another one though. I've just decorated my new room and totally finished it off with photos/frames etc. I have a pinboard above my bed that I call my 'weightloss board' where I have before photos and current photos - thought a pinboard would be handy cos I can easily change them. Well, my older brothers went and had a look at my new room and when they came back downstairs one of them said to me 'Em, I never actually realised how just huge you were, it's amazing! You've lost loads of weight.' Ok, so it sounds harsh, but you need to understand our relationship/sense of humour to understand that not only was he making light of it, it was actually his way of paying me a compliment...which was nice!

So there's my week so far, and it's only Tuesday! Going to the cinema tomorrow where I WON'T be eating pick 'n' mix lol and then Warwick Castle on Thursday which I'm really looking forward to :o) I think I mentioned it in my previous post but I'll be weighing in onFriday this week as I'm staing at a friend's Friday night then going to Birmingham Saturday. Having dinner out so will have to try and plan/make wise choices!

Will update when I can xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment